When looking to purchase an air compressor for your construction company or for home use, there are many different aspects to consider before making your purchase.
- Would you prefer a stationary, wheeled, or hand carried air compressor?
- The next consideration is the CFM of the air compressor. CFM stands for cubic feet per minute, and this measures how effective the air compressor will be when used in various applications.
- And finally, will you go with a gas or electric-powered compressor?
Rolair produces some of the best air compressors for construction use, and all of Rolair’s compressors are made in the USA. Rolair’s splash-lubricated air compressors have a much longer life expectancy. If properly operated and maintained, you can expect your Rolair compressor to keep going strong for 6,000-8,000 working hours. Compared to most homeowner oil less compressors that are built to provide 200-400 working hours of service – the choice is clear.
Most of Rolair’s compressors are built with S1 motors rated for continuous duty, unlike many high-speed oil less compressors that can only be subjected to 50% duty and must be operated 5 minutes on and 5 minutes off. Rolair has a variety of air compressor and all have the features and durability that will fulfill any of your job site’s compressed air requirements.
Here are three of R.V. Evans’ top air compressor picks:
- Gas powered
- 9.3 CFM
- Great for framing, siding, and roofing applications
- Gas powered
- Hand carried
- 5.3 CFM
- Ideal for trim work applications
- Electric powered
- 10.1 CFM
- Perfect for framing, siding, and roofing applications
Once you have selected the perfect air compressor it is important not to skimp on the quality of air hose you decide to use. There are numerous air hoses on the market, but two of them set themselves apart from the rest. First, is the Goodyear F5 and the second is the Pro Air Hose made by Flexzilla. These are both excellent quality air hoses for a number of reasons.
The Goodyear F5
- Made of hybrid thermoplastic elastomeric (TPE) cover and tubing (say that 10 times fast)
- Better flexibility, 50% less force to bend than that of a PVC and rubber air hose
- Up to 45% lighter than a PVC and rubber hose
- The F5 provides all-weather performance, with a temperature rating of -40 degrees farenheit to 158 degrees farenheit
- F5 matches industry leading levels of durability performance while also providing a non-marking surface
- 300 PSI
The Pro Air Hose by Flexzilla
- Made of a premium hybrid polymer material
- Extreme all-weather flexibility, even in subzero temperatures
- Lays flat, no memory
- Superior bend radius
- Kink resistant under pressure
- 300 PSI
- Includes bend restrictors to reduce wear and tear, prolonging the life of the hose
For more information on selecting the best air compressor and air hose for your particular application, contact R.V. Evans Company or visit us at www.rvevans.com. Connect with R.V. Evans Company for new packaging and fastening system updates, tips, application solutions, and a little fun stuff too!