The client, a full-service printing company, was experiencing issues with their current strapping machine that was causing bundles of printed material to be damaged by over tensioning. The excessive tensioning produced an inordinate amount of reworks and downtime while trying to work on the aging strapping machines. They required a strapping machine that could have the flexibility to adjust the tension and provide easy serviceability should the need arise.
The R.V. Evans’ Value Added Solution
After performing a Site Needs Analysis and thorough review of the application, an R.V. Evans Packaging Solutions Specialist determined the appropriate value-added solution. The recommendation: The Signode MOD GPX Strapping Machine
Key Benefits of the Signode MOD GPX Strapping Machine
- Modular construction: Each module can be quickly replaced with desired upgrades or maintenance without disrupting production
- Serviceability: Interchangeable modular components simplify maintenance, minimizing service disruptions
- Built-in diagnostics: The built-in diagnostics simplify troubleshooting and reduce downtime
- Productivity-enhancing features:
- Automatic cut-off and refed automatically ejects misfed strap, rethreads itself and continues strapping
- Quick release heat knife assembly to speed up routine maintenance
- A unique chute design for consistent feeding
Measurable Savings Realized
With the installation of the Signode MOD GPX Strapping Machine, our client has significantly reduced the number of damaged materials. The MOD GPX has also allowed them to speed up their packaging line, allowing them to reallocate labor that was previously needed on that line to other jobs within the plant.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Signode MOD GPX Strapping Machine or our other Packaging Solutions, please contact us to schedule your Site Needs Analysis with one of our Packaging Solutions Specialists. To learn more about all of our Packaging and Fastening Solutions, visit us online at www.rvevans.com.