The client, a manufacturer of firearm storage solutions, was manually hand packing product and display cards into bags with a bottom fold over seal. The fold over seal had a strip that needed to be removed before sealing. This process was extremely time consuming and labor intensive, and the client was producing only 2 to 3 packages per minutes.
The R.V. Evans’ Value Added Solution
After performing a Site Needs Analysis and thorough review of the applications, an R.V. Evans Packaging Solution Specialist determined the appropriate value-added solutions. The recommendation: Increase productivity with an Automated Packaging Systems Autobag PS 125 Tabletop Bagger.
Key Benefits of the Autobag PS 125 Tabletop Bagger
- The all-electric system does not require compressed air to run
- Compact design is ideal for low-to mid-volume packaging operations
- Locking turntable and AutoThread feature provide easy bag access and changeover
- Open loading area and controlled seal bar maximize loading flexibility and operator safety
- Automatic or manual operation modes for optimum flexibility and productivity
- Onboard system diagnostics simplify maintenance and maximize productivity
Measurable Savings Realized
The Autobag PS 125 bagging solution has enabled the client to increase production to 10 to 12 packages per minute and reduce labor by 50%. The client anticipates an annual savings of at least $10-$15K as a result of the reduced labor and increased production. Their investment payback period: less than 10 months.