The client, a plastic extrusion manufacturer, was hand wrapping their 10’ long pallets. This was a labor-intensive method that caused them to use excessive amounts of stretch film and took approximately 7½ minutes to wrap each load. They required a solution that would allow them to wrap multiple pallets sizes up to 10’.
The R.V. Evans’ Value-Added Solution
After performing a Site Needs Analysis and a thorough review of the application, an R.V. Evans Packaging Solutions Specialist determined the appropriate value-added solution. The recommendation: The Orion Flex HPD Stretch Wrapper with Split Base Frame
Key Benefits of the Orion Flex HPD Stretch Wrapper with Split Base Frame
- 260% standard pre-stretch
- Automatic film force-to-load control works like cruise control
- Easy to use color touch-screen HMI panel display for easy operator use
- Up to 15 RPM variable speed with adjustable soft-start
- Separate top/bottom wrap counts adjustable from 1-9
- Separate up / down film carriage speed controls
- Automatic load height detection photocell
Measurable Savings Realized
With the installation of the Orion Flex HPD Stretch Wrapper, our client will experience the following:
- Reduce their annual stretch film cost by 74%.
- Eliminate the need to use poly strapping for extra load containment, SAVING them $4,000 annually.
- Provide labor savings of 67% annually by reducing the time to wrap a pallet to 2½ minutes per load.
- Return on Investment timeframe: 11½ months
If you’re interested in learning more about the Orion Flex HPD Stretch Wrapper or our other Packaging Solutions, please fill out the form below to schedule your Site Needs Analysis.
To learn more about all of our Packaging and Fastening Solutions, visit us online at www.rvevans.com.